2 Book Lovers Reviews
Summer Reading Recommendations!
"Click" on the book title to read my review.
Not in order of preference...I loved them all!
- Where the Crawdads Sing – By Delia Owens – I had this book on my TBR list for far too long, and I am so glad that I finally read it. It was everything that I had hoped it would be. This book is atmospheric, beautifully written, and mysterious.
- Book Lovers – By Emily Henry – This book had so much hype surrounding it, but do you know what? It was well deserved. This is a romance that encompasses so many tropes in the best, cleverest, swoony way. Oh, and for all of my fellow fans of a slow-burning romance…yes, it delivers!
- Listening Still – By Anne Griffin – I knew that this book was going to be special as soon as I began reading it. I was immediately intrigued by the story of woman who had the ability to communicate with the recently deceased. Don’t be fooled, this book is not scary or creepy. This is an emotionally riveting book that is sure to captivate you.
- The Bodyguard – By Katherine Center – It’s not summer until I’ve read the latest novel by Katherine Center! The Bodyguard is the perfect summer read (or any season, really). It has likeable characters, witty banter, a wonderful story, plenty of emotion, and a truly swoon-worthy romance. My favorite aspect about this novel was that the author took her time to develop the relationship between the two main characters. She didn’t rush any part of it. This was a slow-burning romance at its finest, and those, my friends, are my absolute favorite.
- The Love of My Life – By Rosie Walsh – Secrets, secrets, and more secrets! This novel was a fast-paced whirlwind of emotions. Once I began reading it, I didn’t want to put it down. I would read just one more chapter…mmm…maybe just one more, and that really meant a few more after that. While this novel has a good amount of suspense, it is a love story. There is so much love in this story. I never doubted the love.
- The Younger Wife – By Sally Hepworth – This was my first book by this author, but it certainly won’t be my last. This book was everything that I look for in a domestic thriller. I felt as though I were a voyeur, peeking in the characters’ windows, eavesdropping on their most private conversations. It was riveting, scandalous, and I couldn’t get enough.
My Summer Vacation Reading List!
I may be taking a breather for some rest and relaxation, but I’m definitely not taking a break from reading. There’s nothing that relaxes me more than losing myself in the pages of a good book. It really is the ultimate form of escapism. I always make a tentative list of the books that I’m considering reading over my holiday, but that doesn’t mean that it’s written in stone. As a mood reader, I reserve the right to change my mind (or book) at any given time. May the vacation reading begin!
- Every Summer After – By Carley Fortune
- How to Save a Life – By Eva Carter
- Dark Roads – By Chevy Stevens
- Malibu Rising - By Taylor Jenkins Reid